Friday, September 26, 2008

Inspired to be Crafty and Creative


I have been browsing the web, and I have seen so many beautiful things, that I was really, really inspired to create some more jewelry of my own!

This is a beautiful necklace and earring set that I made the other night.

Green_Necklace_and_earring_set I had purchased these different green beads quite some time ago, and never made anything out of them. So when I plotted it all out, I thought, wow, that is lovely!


So, I made a pendant out of the large green stone by making a coil at the bottom hole opening, and making a wrapped loop at the top, that could slide onto a chain or wire.
The next step was picking out a clasp,and placing the beads in a pattern that was pleasing to the eye.
I think I did a pretty good job?!

The next thing I did was make a matching pair of earrings to go with the necklace. I didn't make the earrings too long, so that they would dangle too much, but they do have a nice drop to them.

scrollwork divider
I also got crafty and decided to make some earrings. I made these 4 pairs and some others that I will post later.
As for these, I wanted to do something different, and chose the wire-wrapped pieces at the top and embelished them with small seed beads and more wire wrapping.
I think they came out quite nice? Don't you?

Earrings

The first pair on the bottom, I put a small piece of linked chain hanging off the French ear wire, and then made small beads with wrapped loops and attached those onto the chain.
The other pair is made from silver circles that have holes in the top and bottom, and I just attached the top to the Ear wire, and on the bottom I put a pearl drop.

I had so much fun creating and making jewelry again!

I hadn't done it for a long time, and didn't realize how much I missed it. I have a big 2 day craft show coming up in November, so I better get going on making my candles and crafts!



Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

papercages September 28, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

Looks like you did a great job. Very nice!

Swapna September 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Hi Kat,

Loved the jewellery..especially the green beads...good job..

Agapelife September 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

The green set almost looks like jade. You have a wonderful gift. Thanks be to God! Invite you to visit my site and comment.

Pamela Plumley,  October 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Green is my favorite color, so I just adore that top one-great job!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP