Friday, December 12, 2008

Twilight Equals Addiction!

Now, I have to admit that this series is not for everyone...
But I am obviously lacking some serious romance in my life, if I can fall so deeply into this story and become hopelessly addicted!!
twilight_book_coverThis is the first book in Stephenie Meyer's 4 book series, and I heard about it from my very good friend Ellen after she had read it and raved about it. Now, I had seen the trailers for the movie, but it didn't quite grab me the way that Ellen's descriptions did! I asked her if I could read it, and she brought the first book in the series in on a Friday.

Needless to say, once I started it, I didn't want to put it down! I was drawn in almost immediately and hungered for more (no pun intended, lol).

I finished that 500 page book that weekend (in 2 days) and wanted to read the 2nd one right away! I wanted to know what happened? I couldn't wait for Ellen to bring me the other book!


Now, for those of you that are new to the series, the first book starts out with a 17 year old girl named Isabella (Bella) Swan, moving to a small town near Seattle ,WA, called Forks. She is shy and doesn't really fit in anywhere, but notices a very different family, and instantly is intrigued by one of the brothers ~ Edward Cullen. It turns out that Edward and his family are vampires, but not your average run of the mill vampires, or the ones from all the old folklore stories or movies....NO, these are very different.
At first all Edward can think about is killing Bella, but as time goes on, he controls himself and they fall in love. Now this isn't the rosy story of first love, this is full of temptation and control, desire and romance. There is so much emotion in this book, that you can actually feel the torturous pain and internal struggle that Edward is going through, just to be with Bella. He is very torn as to what is right and wrong, and he struggles indefinately with emotions that he has never felt before. But some of the things he says to Bella are priceless! He is a true romantic.

Anyway, below is Edward, and I can tell you, he can bite me anytime!

Edward_Cullen
Now I know I am older than the target range that these books were written for, but I don't care, It is a great story, and it is written very well. Every girl wants the romance, and would love to have someone tell them the things that Edward says to Bella. He is like a modern day Romeo, only better.

And I have met soo many people who are my age and are hooked on these books too! It's not a typical vampire story....it is a love story, with obstacles. It is written from Bella's point of view, so we really don't know what Edward is thinking or doing when he is not with Bella.

The author, Stephenie Meyer was starting to write a book called "Midnight Sun" and it was the same story as Twilight, but told from Edward's perspective. But I read on her website, that someone leaked some chapters from a rough draft and now she has stopped writing it. It is supposedly on hold indeffinately!! I went to the website Save Midnight Sun
and entered the site, and then signed the petition, so hopefully, she will finish the book. I loved hearing the story from Edward, you actually get so much more out of it because you know exactly what he was thinking, and what he was feeling, and you ache when you know how hard it was for him. She actually makes you feel, if you get into the book enough. That is probably what drew me in, that this book captured my heart and I could feel the tension between them. I could sympathize with Bella when she thinks that Edward doesn't like her, and all he's thinking is that he has to get away from her, or he will kill her, his animalistic instincts around her are "that strong"!

If you have not started reading this yet, I highly recommend it!!
Any other Twilight fans out there??? :)


10 comments:

Sandee (Comedy +) December 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

I've not read this. If you love it then enjoy. It doesn't matter what age folks are to enjoy a book that interests them.

Have a terrific weekend Kat. :)

Dolly's Diary December 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Hi Kat,
I am really glad that you posted this. I have been wondering what the hype was all about. I think I may get the book and become addicted as well. Bite me anytime, LOL
Take Care,
Janet :)

jenn December 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

I just finished new moon....and I WANT MORE RIGHT NOW!!!! I am going to wal-mart as soon as my hubby gets home so I can get it. I can not believe I waited so long to read these books.

PinkLady December 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Kat, thank you so much for the comment in my site. My girls are dying to read the book so with your suggestion, I might as well buy the series. I myself am hooked now. God bless ;)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor December 15, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

My daughter and I both want to read the series. All of my friends (in their 40's) and hers (12 yr olds) have read them and they sound fun! It doesn't really matter what age you are. If you're a girl, you're most likely a romantic!

KAT December 15, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

Sandee,
I agree about the age thing, but I've heard the comments that it was written for "tweens".... I didn't care, I loved the first book!

Janet,
Go ahead and treat yourself, or better yet, ask for it for Xmas, but make sure you have the 2nd book ready when you finish the first, you will want it!! :)

Jenn,
I'm with you on the dying to get right into the next book!! What are we going to do when we finish all 4? :(

PinkLady,
If you liked the movie, you will be enthralled with the books! They go into so much more detail! And there is lots that they left out. Definately a great read! Worth the money!

Cindy,
That's where I am too! I just think that we as adults get more out of the books, because our imaginations and experiences aid us in the visuals we can conjure up! :) I loved the first book, book 2 was kinda slow....still not done, but my friend says she whipped right thru #3. So, I'm looking forward to it!!!

Thanks for all your comments, please come back and let me know what you think once you start to read them!!
Take care,
Kat

Jean9 December 18, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

What a wonderful way to be taken away, with a good book! Thank you for visiting and your wonderful comments about my chain maille. I wish you a very happy holiday season.

Nessa December 18, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

I read the whole series and loved it too!!! I hadn't heard about midnight sun, thanks for the info

mantiz December 19, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

yeah i believe that's a great book.. was searchin for a good read these hols. lemme see if i can pick one up at the local book store :)

Inspirational Jewelry Wholesale December 20, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

very nice =)
thanks for sharing :-)
visit my site to:
get jewelry tv coupon for the best jewelry price.
find jewelry wholesale

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP