Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've been Sick, Sick, Sick!

And I'm sick of it! lol

sick_teddy_bearOkay, so we all have our colds and stuff, but now, this is even worse!

I had been having aches in my legs since Sunday, and yesterday when I woke up, I thought there was a knife in the base of my skull!! It hurt sooooo bad!! Now I have had headaches before, but this was unreal, and unlike anything I have ever had! The whole back of my skull and neck hurt really bad. I was a little un-coordinated, and in a whole heaping lot of pain.

Well, silly me, I decided I needed to go to work, so I drove to work, hurting all the way, and as soon as I got there, everyone knew something was wrong.....I guess I don't have the poker face I thought I did? I told them about the pain in my skull, and they all came up with diagnosis......let's see, there was "brain tumor" and "stroke" and "migraine" and all sorts of other lovely things you want to hear as soon as you get to work!! lol

And it's not like I didn't think of all those things myself, I just chose to ignore them....and if you read my last post about being in the hospital, (you can read it here) you know that there is nothing I like better than staying away from any healthcare facility!! But my boss told me I had to call my Doctor and get checked right away!

So I did.....and I got an appointment within the hour, so off I went to my appointment. Okay, here is the good part.....He thinks (THINKS?) that it is a pinched nerve, but it could also be meningitis or temporal arteritis....whatever the heck that is??? He didn't do alot of explaining. But for now, they gave me a shot in the muscle, for what I don't remember?? He told me, but I just remember he said it will help with the pain... and he sent me for blood work to "check out some things" and sent me home to rest with ice and heat and 2 prescriptions....and if I don't feel better by Friday...to call him.

And he said there was the posibility of bleeding going on in there, though he doesn't think so, but he wants to keep tabs on it??? How can he keep tabs on it if he sends me home with meds? I'm confused, but happy that I didn't have to go to the hospital again.....whoa.....I DON'T want that again....ever!

Anyway, I will try to keep you all posted as to what is going on with my head! Wish me luck, and say a prayer for me.......

Take Care,
Kat

14 comments:

Abby January 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Oh my goodness, Kat!! I'm so sorry to hear about your health concerns!! It hasn't been a good week for people I know: my grandmother had a stroke yesterday, my hair stylist's husband fell down an elevator shaft Monday, and now you!! I hope I'm not bad luck!! I'll be praying for your quick recovery. Let us know how you're doing!
Hugs,
Abby

Sandee (Comedy +) January 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Yikes Kat. This doesn't sound good. You take care of yourself and feel better. Hopefully the doctor can get to the bottom of this quickly. Just take care of yourself.

Big hug. :)

Tink January 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

I send you healing vibes and I lit a candle for you! Hope it gets better soon. Take care!

Laane January 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Oh dear!
I'm so sorry.

Do you feel a bit better now?

I hate it when people start behaving like doctors and start diagnosing me. Ugh.

Get well soon.

Hugggsss

Jean9 January 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

I am sending you healing hugs, I hope you feel better soon.

jenn January 15, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I know pinched nerves hurt...but the pain does go away eventually. Hopefully that is all this is, and those tests will be negative.

Feel better real soon!
(((hugs)))

Dolly's Diary January 15, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Hi Kat,
So sorry your feeling so bad. I will say a prayer for you that it is nothing serious and I am sending you a big hug ( ). My son in laws neice ran away today. They live in Rochester, very close to the wareham line. You may be hearing about it on the news. Her name is Lizzy and she is 14 years old.
Take good care of yourself,
Janet :)

MySweetThree January 15, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Oh No Kat!
Keep us updated! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Take Care,
Kristin

rkdsign88 January 16, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

I hope you are getting better. I still owe you for posting the awards, just don't have time in my crazy hours, I will try as soon as I can :)

Jude January 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

I'm sending you a prayer and good vibes. I hope it's nothing serious and you can avoid the hospital. I hate hospitals even to visit someone...Take care...Jude

siteseer January 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Praying that it's just a pinched nerve, because that is easily fixed. Feel better.

FickleMinded January 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

awww....that's not so good, i wish you well!

Duni January 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

Kat, I hope the shot he gave you helped. If the pain persists you really need to get back to the doctor. I'm sure he won't immediately send you to hospital. I hate them just as much as you do.
Sending you my prayer and hoping you get well quickly!

Duni

KAT January 17, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Thank you to everyone who left their well wishes and sent prayers for me!

I am feeling much better now, although without the meds, I still have have a headache, but not nearly as bad!

Thanks again!
Hugzzzzzzz
Kat

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP