Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tagged and Loving it!

tagI've been tagged by Bing over at
Of Living and Loving... and Coping.

Bing is one of the most amazing women I have ever met, either on here in the blogging world or in real life. I admire her so very much!

She lost her husband James almost 4 years ago, and how she is managing is remarkable! If you have not visited her blog and read her story, or stories....I would urge you to head over there now and see just why I love this Lady!

This tag is supposed to be 8 random things about me, so that all of you can laugh at me behind my back.....or behind your computers as the case may be, but get to know a little bit about the quirkiness that makes up Kat of Kats Candles......

So here goes................


1. I just got my hair cut. And I was going for the look that Kate Hudson has in her new movie "Bride Wars" and even brought pictures, I showed them to my gay stylist at Walmart (I know, I'll get to it, promise!) and he thought I'd look "absolutely Fabulous" with this cut, so his hands were flying and the hair was flying as he told me the story of how he wanted to be on Broadway, and tried out, but didn't make it, and tried out for American Idol also, but only got to the 2nd round, and blah blah blah....so here he is back to being a "stylist" because "you just have to have something to fall back on", and when he was done.....he was smiling from ear to ear, and I was kinda in shock. He thinks it's "wonderful darling!" and I think I look like a little Dutch boy!! I guess the moral of the story is something like this: Don't go to Walmart to get your hair cut, unless it's only a trim....and especially don't go if your "stylist" is gay and only wants fame! The good news is that it will grow out. p.s. I look NOTHING like Kate Hudson!

2. I am addicted to Rock of Love. I have seen the previous 2 seasons and the Charm School, and now am into the Rock of Love Bus on VH1. It stars Bret Michaels, the lead singer of the 80's group Poison. There is something so amusing about an aging rock star who wears more eyeliner than I do, trying to find true love on this show....and they keep bringing on stripper types, because that is what he likes! The drama, the fights, the drunkeness, the girls....oh my, but the laughter coming out of my mouth constantly all adds up to a really fun time! It's not rocket science, it's funny and kind of like a bad train wreck that you have to watch. You groan, but you laugh too, and I love to laugh, so anything that gets me there, Rock On!

3. I write and edit for the most amazing magazine on the internet, The Angels Weekly, and it is a magazine written by women, and for women. The articles in it are very diverse and they are about crafts, spirituality, sexuality, social issues, poetry, opinions, or just about anything else that we want to write about! You should come over and check out our great magazine, sign up for the feed, and maybe write for us too! We are always looking for new writers with a new perspective on any topic~!~

4. My daughter and grandson live right across the street from me in my parents old house. When I inherited it, I let them live there. And before that, I was living here across the street from my parents! It's kinda like the "Everybody Loves Raymond" situation....but without Marie. Well, also without Frank and Robert too!! lol But I've lived here since 1977, so I didn't want to give up my own house to move into my parents house, so to keep my family close, they moved in over there! Also, I don't think we are quite as funny as the Raymond crew.....close, but not quite. :)

5. I work in Medical Billing and get yelled at ALOT in my job! I understand people's anger, but why take it out on me?? I am not your insurance company that didn't pay your bill?? I think sometimes, they just want to yell at someone, and it turns out to be me on the end of the phone line. See #2 above, this is another reason I need to escape reality and laugh my head off, if not, I'd be grumpy all the time.....and I don't like grumpy.

6. I drive a truck (SUV) and carry around all my craft stuff with me, all the time, and people constantly make fun of me and all the "stuff" I have in my truck....they think I could live in my truck with all the supplies I have and how full my back is. Well, if I want to eat beads and candle wax, maybe. But I will always have three 4 foot tables that I can set up at a moments notice!

7. I am in love with anything to do with the TWILIGHT Series. Anyone who read my blog in December knows how much I enjoyed, not only the books, but the movie too! And now I'm even making my own Twilight Jewelry to wear. Couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to make my own! I have lots of Twilight gear, and am in love with a fictional vampire, OMG, they are gonna send me to the loony bin!~

8. I love playing Guitar Hero, and was getting pretty good at it for a while, and then the grandson took over and whipped my butt!! I still can only play on the beginner mode, but I can get 5 stars on Schools Out by Alice Cooper! I have to say that I am proud of myself for that!! And I love Sing Star (kinda like karaoke) for the playstation too....although, I can't really hold a note to save my life, I sing like there's no tomorrow when I'm in my truck and driving....and at home sometimes with my computer and ITunes. I love to sing, even though you would NEVER want me to sing for you....you would cover your ears and beg me to stop! But with my Singstar....I feel like a rock star, and belt out all the wrong notes, and I just don't care!! (Only I don't dance around in my underwear!) :)

So, there are my random facts.....I hope you have enjoyed them, and I hope you could giggle along with me (trust me, I'm not the serious type!).

Now here are the RULES for this tag:

1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go and read your answers.

Let the fun begin. Tell me more about yourselves so I can get to know you better...

1. Words To The Wise

2. Dolly's Daily Diary

3. My Art and the Mom in Me

4. Broadway Matron

5. On the Verge

6. Willow By Woods

7. Measled Potatoes

8. You've Got Maille

Okay, so play along if you want, and don't feel bad if you don't want to participate.....We just all would like to get to know you better, and this is a cute opportunity!!

Till next time,
Take Care,
Kat :)

11 comments:

Broadway Matron January 17, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

I don't usually participate in the fun and games especially when it involves "tagging" other people - if only because it kinda then requires folks to post about something that might not be pertinent to their blog - Of course in my case that isn't a problem since my blog is pretty much random LOL This is akinda a fun one tho, I have seen it as a meme...may be I will do it but without the tagging. 'k?

KAT January 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Sure, fine with me....you little rule bender you!!! lol

Go for it! Have fun!

Kat

PinkLady January 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I had fun reading this one. So there's this little kid inside that really wants to come out. I am also not the serious type and like you, I try to find ways to amuse myself. I hope I won't grow old being grumpy. Lol. I love your sense of humor and happy disposition. That is the kind of person everyone wants to be around with.

I am so touched and moved by your kind words here, KAT. Thank you so much. You have always been supportive of my blog and you encouraged me in ways I can't begin to describe. You have truly touched my heart.

BTW, I already have the first two books of Twilight but I don't want to start reading yet until I get the other two books. My daughter couldn't wait and has borrowed her best friend's copy of Eclipse. Like you, she is now a certified Twilight (books and movie) aficionado. Or is it just because of Edward Cullen? I heard "Breaking Dawn" is just waiting for her to claim it from her best friend.

Let's enjoy life...

Much love,

Bing;)

KAT January 17, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Bing,

Thank you right back, and yes there is a kid inside me that does come out! lol it's not just waiting!

I had so much fun with this tag, I was laughing as I wrote some of these things, because I thought that these are things that most would not know about me (except for the Twilight thing of course).

And as for Twilight, if you already have 2 books, you should start on them, and get the others when you can...just get them before you finish reading the 2nd one New Moon. You will want it handy, trust me!

I have actually gone back to start reading the first one again, and found there were things I missed because I was flipping the pages so fast and skimming to find out what happened the first time I read it, that this time, it is more enjoyable!

My daughter is hooked now too, and she is just starting Breaking Dawn. She loves them too, and she is not a reader! She bought her friend's daughter one of the Edward pendants and a set of Edward sparkle earrings that I made, and gave them to her for Christmas, and the girl (she's 12) LOVED them!! She had to wear them to school to show them off, because nobody else has them....lol That made me feel good.

So start reading, and you can get the fever too!! Nothing like a good book to talk about~

Have a great weekend and take care,
Kat
Hugzzzzz

On The Verge January 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Thanks for the tag. I loved reading yours. I will try and get it up soon.

Lydia

PinkLady January 18, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

Kat, I have 2 new awards for you (aside from the two that you gave me- which i also gave back to you.. Lol!). That means you have 4 awards in all from my site. You can choose to get the awards that you still don't have. I also mentioned your Twilight collection in the said blog.I grabbed and posted that Twilight necklace photo of yours. I hope you don't mind.

Much love,

Bing;)

MySweetThree January 18, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I LOOVED those 8 random things, you had me laughing out loud, tee hee! I will do this..I will be away from my computer all day! (I was yesterday too, GASP) I will do this some time this week, so thanks for the tag!

...a little dutch boy..that just had me dying!!!

jenn January 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

I loved twilight, too, and can kick my son's butt in guitar hero!

BeadedTail January 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I enjoyed this post and learning more about you! I'd like to see a picture of your haircut!

Sandee (Comedy +) January 18, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

I don't shop at Wal*Mart anymore, but I didn't know they had stylists there. Sorry it didn't turn out like you wanted. I just hate that. You are right...it will grow out.

Have a terrific week. :)

Youvegotmaille January 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

I did mine :) Thanks for inviting me to play (and then share the love). I'm having so much fun finding new blogs and cool people via Entrecard.

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP