Of Living and Loving... and Coping.
Bing is one of the most amazing women I have ever met, either on here in the blogging world or in real life. I admire her so very much!
She lost her husband James almost 4 years ago, and how she is managing is remarkable! If you have not visited her blog and read her story, or stories....I would urge you to head over there now and see just why I love this Lady!
This tag is supposed to be 8 random things about me, so that all of you can laugh at me behind my back.....or behind your computers as the case may be, but get to know a little bit about the quirkiness that makes up Kat of Kats Candles......
So here goes................
2. I am addicted to Rock of Love. I have seen the previous 2 seasons and the Charm School, and now am into the Rock of Love Bus on VH1. It stars Bret Michaels, the lead singer of the 80's group Poison. There is something so amusing about an aging rock star who wears more eyeliner than I do, trying to find true love on this show....and they keep bringing on stripper types, because that is what he likes! The drama, the fights, the drunkeness, the girls....oh my, but the laughter coming out of my mouth constantly all adds up to a really fun time! It's not rocket science, it's funny and kind of like a bad train wreck that you have to watch. You groan, but you laugh too, and I love to laugh, so anything that gets me there, Rock On!
3. I write and edit for the most amazing magazine on the internet, The Angels Weekly, and it is a magazine written by women, and for women. The articles in it are very diverse and they are about crafts, spirituality, sexuality, social issues, poetry, opinions, or just about anything else that we want to write about! You should come over and check out our great magazine, sign up for the feed, and maybe write for us too! We are always looking for new writers with a new perspective on any topic~!~
4. My daughter and grandson live right across the street from me in my parents old house. When I inherited it, I let them live there. And before that, I was living here across the street from my parents! It's kinda like the "Everybody Loves Raymond" situation....but without Marie. Well, also without Frank and Robert too!! lol But I've lived here since 1977, so I didn't want to give up my own house to move into my parents house, so to keep my family close, they moved in over there! Also, I don't think we are quite as funny as the Raymond crew.....close, but not quite. :)
5. I work in Medical Billing and get yelled at ALOT in my job! I understand people's anger, but why take it out on me?? I am not your insurance company that didn't pay your bill?? I think sometimes, they just want to yell at someone, and it turns out to be me on the end of the phone line. See #2 above, this is another reason I need to escape reality and laugh my head off, if not, I'd be grumpy all the time.....and I don't like grumpy.
6. I drive a truck (SUV) and carry around all my craft stuff with me, all the time, and people constantly make fun of me and all the "stuff" I have in my truck....they think I could live in my truck with all the supplies I have and how full my back is. Well, if I want to eat beads and candle wax, maybe. But I will always have three 4 foot tables that I can set up at a moments notice!
7. I am in love with anything to do with the TWILIGHT Series. Anyone who read my blog in December knows how much I enjoyed, not only the books, but the movie too! And now I'm even making my own Twilight Jewelry to wear. Couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to make my own! I have lots of Twilight gear, and am in love with a fictional vampire, OMG, they are gonna send me to the loony bin!~
8. I love playing Guitar Hero, and was getting pretty good at it for a while, and then the grandson took over and whipped my butt!! I still can only play on the beginner mode, but I can get 5 stars on Schools Out by Alice Cooper! I have to say that I am proud of myself for that!! And I love Sing Star (kinda like karaoke) for the playstation too....although, I can't really hold a note to save my life, I sing like there's no tomorrow when I'm in my truck and driving....and at home sometimes with my computer and ITunes. I love to sing, even though you would NEVER want me to sing for you....you would cover your ears and beg me to stop! But with my Singstar....I feel like a rock star, and belt out all the wrong notes, and I just don't care!! (Only I don't dance around in my underwear!) :)
So, there are my random facts.....I hope you have enjoyed them, and I hope you could giggle along with me (trust me, I'm not the serious type!).
Now here are the RULES for this tag:
1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.
5. For the recipients, leave a comment for the person who tagged you, so they can go and read your answers.
Let the fun begin. Tell me more about yourselves so I can get to know you better...
1. Words To The Wise
2. Dolly's Daily Diary
3. My Art and the Mom in Me
4. Broadway Matron
5. On the Verge
6. Willow By Woods
7. Measled Potatoes
8. You've Got Maille
Till next time,