Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life is Grand...and So Are Friends!!

I also received this beautiful and very meaningful award from Abby at Simply Charming in SC~!!!

She is soooo very good to me!! I am smiling from ear to ear!!!
You hear that Abby??

I think Abby is so thoughtful and kind to present this award to me! Her blog is filled with the most wonderful jewelry and items, and stories, that I never tire of going over there. It's a daily read for me!!

This award comes with some fun rules: List 5 reasons why you think life is "grand" and pass along the happiness to five fellow bloggers!!!!!
I think my life is grand because:

  1. I am blessed to have found the BEST friends ever...here while blogging!! Who knew that you could actually connect and make friends here? Not me....I thought I was just going to write on my blog for therapudic and personal reasons, and hope that maybe, someone might read it....
2. My daughter and grandson live right across the street and not only is that grand....it's awesome!!!! I can see them regularly, or when I want. And I know that may not sound like a good deal to some, but I know lot's of Grandma's who don't get to see their grandchildren often, maybe once or twice a year because of distance....so for me, this is grand!

3. I also think my life is grand because I create, and I LOVE to create!! I hope I never lose that urge or talent!

4. I also think that one of the best things ever is "breakfast foods"....and I know you probably think this is weird....but I love breakfast!! I can eat breakfast any time of the day, and sometimes do. Steve and I go out for dinner and if he asks where I want to go, I usually say "I-Hop" (International House of Pancakes) because they serve breakfast all the time!! He can have dinner and I can have my pancakes, eggs and Bacon...yum! I just love Bacon!! Grand = YES~!

5. And lastly, my life is grand because of who I've become....and that might not make sense to you, but it certainly does to me!! I have been through so much in my life, mostly bad, to get to this point....and I have to say that I am pretty impressed with myself!! I am a lot stronger than I EVER would have given myself credit for, and to get to this point and still have a great outlook?? Amazing!! That's all I'm gonna say.

Now, to bestow this GRAND AWARD onto 5 other bloggers:
I have to admit....when I think of grand, immediately these blogs come into my mind!

1. Janet of Dolly's Daily Diary ~ She has become more of a friend than she could ever know, has helped me tremendously, and still continues to inspire me daily, not only with her blog, but with her friendship!! Thank you!

2. Bing of Of Living and Loving....and Coping ~ She is also a great friend, and has helped me, I think we help each other in return....and has such a positive outlook, she makes me smile. Her blog is worth the read.

3. Sandee of Comedy Plus ~ She is one of the reasons I smile alot, her blog is THAT funny! And she always lifts my spirits with her comments and encouragement!

4. Jenn of My Kids Are My World ~ Another great friend, who always makes me laugh and gives me good advice. I don't know what I would have done without her when reading Twilight!! LOL

5. Babs of beetle's Memories 'N' Ramblings ~ A must read blog for anyone who needs a pick-me-up...or just wants to smile!! She never fails to deliver and I am so happy I get to read her blog!

So there you have it!! Now, I think so many other blogs are "Grand" and want to award this to lots more, but the rules say 5, so I'm stopping here....and I also want to say that I know that Kristin and Duni already received this award, so that is why they are not on my list...but know that I thought of you too!!

I hope you all feel Grand today!!!
Till next time,
Take Care,



13 comments:

PinkLady February 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Oh you were of great help to me indeed!!! IN SO MANY WAYS, KAT! And best of all, you helped me see what has been trying to catch my attention for ages. Do you know how much that "discovery" means to me and my children? Just knowing and feeling him in our hearts... still... No sadness or regrets here but with so much appreciation of that oh-so-familiar loving feeling. And you were instrumental in bringing that to us.

Thank you so much, friend! Not only for the award but also for the sincerity of your friendship. He didn't use or ask help from ordinary friends, you know.

Love you girl,

Bing (",)

Abby February 12, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Kat, my dear, you are just too sweet. :) I'm glad I could cause you to smile from ear to ear!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Hugs,
Abby

Sandee (Comedy +) February 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Thank you so much Kat. I'll have a post up on Monday @ 6pm pacific time. Hope you don't mind. I've decided to do just one post per week for awards and memes instead of multiple times per week. I've included this award in that post. You are such a dear.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Beetle February 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Thank you so much for this surprise!

I don't do posts for awards any more. I have a page with awards and links, but I will write a post for this one! It's a wonderful award!

Thanks again :O)

Shinade February 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Hi Kat,
Congratulations!! And wow you made some great picks!!

Now how about spreading a little love with us for Valentine's day?

http://simplyshinade.blogspot.com/2009/02/spread-love-this-valentine-day.html

It's a really neat little tag and is fantastic for Valentine's.

I hope you will join us.:-)

KAT February 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Pink Lady Bing,
Thank you so much!! Your life must feel "grand" right about now!!

Take care,
Huzgzzzzz,
Kat

KAT February 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Abby,

You are welcome, and you always make me smile!!

Take care,

KAT February 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Sandee,

No problem, I understand about the once a week thing!! I don't have to do that too, yet!! But I love it!!

Have a great weekend!!
Hugzzzz back to you!!

KAT February 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Babs,

You don't have to do a special post...I understand about awards and meme's....

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you, and that I think your blog is just "Grand"!!!!!

Take care,

KAT February 12, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

Shinade,

I would love to join in, and I'm heading over there right after I post this!!

Thanks, :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious February 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

hi kat! i've emailed u on the valentine's love code. Hope you receive it. :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious February 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

hi kat, I've added you to the list at no.20. Just copy the whole meme from my blog to yours, k! :) Happy Valentine's Day! :)

jenn February 13, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Thank you for thinking of me once again. I felt the same way about making friends when I started my blog, and have been amazed at the friendships I've made.

You, my friend, are grand indeed!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP