Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Grandson, The Inventor!


My grandson had an assembly or something like it at school today, where the children each had to pick a famous person (real person) that might be in a wax museum. Then they had to dress up like that famous person and stand in front of the assembly and tell everyone some well known facts about this famous person.

Well, my grandson, for whatever reason....decides he wanted to pick Benjamin Franklin!?!?!
What??? When he could have his pick of pretty much everyone....HE picks Benjamin Franklin.....lol.

My daughter and I tried to talk him out of it, so he could have someone easier, and in all his 8 year old wisdom he said "I don't want someone easier, I wanted to pick Ben Franklin! Do you know that he discovered electricity and without that we wouldn't have lights and ....." We stopped him there..... lol There was no changing his mind!!

So now the task began on how to dress him like Benjamin Franklin?? All we could think of were Boys Halloween Costumes, and we got the cutest Benjamin Franklin costume for him!! His costume had a cranberry colored jacket that had an attached vest with one of those ruffle collars, (it looked soooo good) and pants that had an elastic waist and were cropped at the knees, one of the triangular colonial hats, and some shoe covers with fake gold buckles attached to go over his shoes. So we bought some white knee high socks to complete the look.

He looked SO GOOD!!!! The teacher wouldn't let us take any flash pictures in there, so I don't have any to show you, but trust me he looked so good as Ben Franklin! And he knew lots of facts about him besides the electricity one. Something about bifocals and swim fins.....??? Grammy's not up to speed on that stuff....lol.

I know that when we are looking for Halloween Costumes, now at least I don't have to stress out anymore. You can pretty much find whatever it is you are looking for!! I never thought we would find Benjamin Franklin anything....and we got lucky!!!

Some of the other mothers had the same problems finding outfits for their kids too, and the ones with daughters probably looked for Girls Halloween Costumes, because there were lots of really nicely dressed children there!!

I guess in this day and age, parents don't try to make costumes anymore, because it is more cost effective to buy it! And they don't have the time to make a Johnny Appleseed Costume, or a Sally Ride costume??

Like I said, it was wonderful to see them all dressed up, and I was especially proud of MY Grandson.....The Inventor!

Till Next Time,
Take Care,

2 comments:

Duni April 17, 2009 at 3:16 AM  

That sounds like a fun project! And good for your grandson to choose Benjamin Franklin. I think that's awesome for his age!
We never had fun projects like that when I was little ☺

btw, I tagges you! Please visit my blog for details when you have time!

HUGS

Duni

KAT April 17, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Thanks Duni! I will check it out when I get home from work.

And we had the usual school plays and stuff, but nothing like this!! :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP