Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please Help me with this Wonderful Cause for Breast Cancer

BeeWell Miles program for Breast Cancer photo image picture
Has Breast Cancer touched your life? Or the lives of someone you love and care about? Or even someone you know, a friend, a co-worker?

I know it has mine, in many ways......and this great cause sponsored by BeeWell Miles is helping in the fight to raise money for Breast Cancer, and I hope you will join me in this wonderful program. What they offer is a program to help you get healthy and fit, and in doing so, you can sign up for BeeWell Miles and log the miles you either run or walk on their site. Then BumbleBee Foods will donate $0.15 per mile for every mile you log, to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength. This is taking place right now, and it started April 1st and runs through October 31st, 2009.

If you run, walk or jog anyway, why not sign up and log your miles for a good cause? I know quite a few of my friends are runners, and I urge them to register and have their miles counted!! You are running anyway, and this won't cost you anything but a little time on the computer (which you do daily). :)

My life will never be the same because of Breast Cancer, my Maternal Grandmother had it and had a double mastectomy. I myself, just yesterday, had to go for additional views on my mammogram, because the one taken at the beginning of the month came back abnormal (they said they saw something suspicious). I thought....here we go....it runs in my family, so it is something I definitely have to watch out for. So I have been nervous all month waiting for my appointment for the additional views, and when I went yesterday, and had my left breast squished all out of proportion...the results came back good!! No masses, and they said once the tissue was spread out, it was nothing. Ha! Nothing to them maybe, but I was worried for weeks!! At least I know I am okay for another year.

That is why this program is so dear to my heart! We all could get healthier, and if you haven't started, they have a program designed to help you. It includes recipes, activities, and plans of action so you can map your route, or count your calories! There are even blogs that you can visit on the site to get information from. You can chat with other women in the program, and exchange ideas, or just offer encouragement to each other.

Also BumbleBee Foods is offering another incentive...you can enter the game codes from the pink 5oz cans of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, and possibly win one of over 15,000 prizes including free flower bouquets, $100 Lady Foot Locker® gift cards, music downloads, $20 BeeWell checks, and a $25,000 weeklong spa trip for 2! Isn't that a great idea?? Plus, Every day that you log miles or enter the game codes you are entered for a chance to win.....Every Day!!!

If you would like to help my sponsor and me in the fight against Breast Cancer, please sign up on their site and log those miles!! Or enter those codes!! We have to get the word out!! Please pass this on to as many people as you can think of that walk at lunchtime, or after work, or jog, or even those that run marathons!! Wouldn't that be awesome if we could get some marathoners to sign up and log their miles?? :)

I have supported finding a cure for Breast Cancer for years, and try every way I can to help find a cure!! I don't want myself or anyone I know or love to be affected by this disease!

Thank you for all your help!! I appreciate it!!
Till Next Time,
Take Care,



Post?slot_id=

3 comments:

Dolly's Diary April 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Hi Kat,
I am so glad to read that you are ok, My prayer came true!! I will join the cause because I lost a dear friend a couple of years ago to breast cancer, she was my age.
I was planning on starting to walk each day, I will put in those miles. Thanks for sharing this,
Take Care,
Talk to you soon,
Janet :)

KAT May 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Thank you Janet! It will be good for not only you, but for others too! I know the girls at work walk at lunchtime, and I am going to ask them too!! If you are walking anyway... why not help?

And I'm glad the result came out positive too!! Thank you so much for your prayers!! They helped!!
Love you!!

Take care,
Kat

PinkLady May 4, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

KAT, I am so happy to hear that everything is ok. God is so good to all of us! I included you in my prayer list as soon as I learned about your predicament. I'm soooooooooooo glad that we got good news. Prayers can indeed move mountains.

God bless! Miss yah girl!

Much Love,

Bing (",)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP