Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wrong on So Many Levels...

Fox is planning a reality TV show based on Company Layoffs?!?!?!

company layoffs photo image picture
Now is it just me??? Or is this so very wrong???

When I read this, I was truly shocked!! They are mocking the troubled economy and hoping to have a hit show with this!! The show will be titled "Someone's Gotta Go!" and targets small companies that have 15 to 20 employees and are in financial trouble.

Each week, a struggling company is featured and dollars and cents will be discussed as well as each employees performance, and then the employees vote against each other, Survivor Tribal Council style, to help to decide who is laid off at the end of the show!!!

I am still shocked as I write this.....WTF?? I would not like my work performance discussed in front of millions of viewers who are watching for the sole pleasure of seeing me perhaps get the boot!! I can already tell there will be loads of people getting thrown under the bus for the simple reason as it might save someone else.....it's like a drowning man....he will do whatever to save himself and not think about anyone else.

Am I the only one who feels this way???
Or is this the way our entertainment has gone??

Till next time,

5 comments:

jenn April 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

When I was here a few minutes ago, all that was showing was the title...wrong on so many levels...which is why I asked if you were okay. Now I see the rest of the post...and yeah, that's just wrong.

Sandee April 15, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Well, now you know why I don't have television at all. Just crud on anyway and this show is no exception. What a shame. You are right, it's just so very wrong.

Have a terrific day Kat. :)

Jane Blogs April 16, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

I'm to tally with you on this.

It's horrific to think that people's lives will be deliberately torn apart on national (international?) television, just so that other people can be "entertained".

And what's entertaining about watching someone lose their livelihood?

What has "civilisation" come to?

KAT April 17, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Thanks for letting me know I that I am not alone in feeling this way.

I just don't see the "fun" in this? Not that it is being presented as a comedy show, no, it is being presented as a reality show....
But I think this kind of reality will hit home to to too many people!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP