Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad~!

Today is/was my Dad's Birthday, so I am sending him a shout out to let him know how much I miss him and how much I love him!

He always played down his birthday, and didn't think it was anything special, but I always ignored him, and made a fuss over him! He was the only Dad I had, so I wasn't going to listen to him say he didn't want cake, or presents! Nope, He always got cake and presents, and you could tell that he enjoyed it...even when he said "I told you I didn't want anything...."

So, today is a sad day for me, without him here, but a happy day too, remembering all the good in him. I still have a hard time with this, and I am surprised at myself for even posting anything.

But, I did want it documented that I was wishing him a happy birthday, and letting him know how very much I cherished each and every moment we had together. Life can be cruel sometimes, and I have had to become very strong. Some days I do better than others.
Today is not one of those days.....

Love you Dad!! Miss you!!
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!


11 comments:

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me May 31, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Sweet post, Kat....hugs to you on this day.

KAT May 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Thank you both, my sweet friends....
You mean the world to me, just by being you!!
Thank you!

Abby May 31, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

What a sweet post, dear friend. Happy Birthday to Kat's Daddy!!!

Big hugs,
Abby

Katherine May 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

You certainly deserve a round of applause for your post and more specifically, your blog in general. Very high quality material.

Dolly's Diary May 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Hi Kat,
I know how hard this day is for you, I still feel the same way every year when my Dad's birthday comes around. I wish I could have given you a real hug today, but for now {{{Huggzz}}}. When I go to bed tonight I will say a prayer for your Father and wish him a Happy Birthday!!! I am sure he loved your birthday cakes and presents more than you will ever know.
Take Care,
Janet :)

PinkLady June 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

KAT, this post is an eye opener for me. Both of my parents are still alive but I hardly have time now to visit them. When they need me to do something for them, I send my son instead.

Your post hit me hard, you know. I was and still am very very close to my Dad. I cannot imagine losing him or my Mom. They are one of the reasons (apart from my kids) why I was able to survive my ordeal and opted to stay alive.

Kat, a Dad will always be a Dad and will love his child wherever he may be. I am sure he heard your birthday greeting and your heart's whisper. You made him so happy and proud as always.

Thank you for this beautiful post. It truly warmed my heart.

Much Love and {{{hugsss}}},

Bing (",)

PinkLady June 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

I have a meme for you in my blog. I hope that will help cheer you up. ;)

CraftyDragon June 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Hope tomorrow is a better day. In April my mom would have celebrated a birthday - the first since she passed in December. I know how hard it is.

Just remember sadness and missing are forms of loving. No one can take that love away. :)

KAT June 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Thank you to you all!! You make things so much brighter for me! And each and everyone of you deserves a special {{HUG}}

The advice and comforting words are just what I need.

Thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart!!

Janet and Bing....words can't even express what you mean to me...I thank you for being my close friends and understanding me better than anyone!!

Kisses & Hugs,
Kat

Dolly's Diary June 2, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Likewise Kat,
Thanks
Janet:)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP