Thursday, June 4, 2009

Choosing A Birthday Present for my Daughter

I love my daughter and her birthday is coming up and I have been trying to decide on what I will get her for her birthday? I love to spend time with both her and my grandson, and whenever we make plans, they always seem to go down the tubes in some way due to my daughter being habitually late!

So, are you with me here? I have decided to get her a watch for her birthday, so maybe she can be on time!! Now, here is where the big decision making comes in, she has had watches before, and she just doesn't wear them. But A-ha! I have a plan....she is such a clothes hound and a label buyer that I figured I would get her a designer watch. That way it is not only effective for time keeping, but it is also stylish enough that she will want to wear it every single day!

This is the one I am leaning towards, it is a Gucci, and it is Pink...need I say more?
She will flip when she sees this! And I have a feeling that she will wear it more than once, don't you?

I also thought my grandson would like a watch, but he's a boy and doesn't really take care of his stuff, so I thought the perfect solution for him would be a Seiko Dive watch, that is waterproof, so he can wear it in the pool (like he would really remember to take it off?) and it is durable and shockproof...something most 8 year old's need. They have so many styles and I think there is one that is just perfect for him.

Citizen-Watch.jpgOh, and I found this little cutie for me too...hey, why not? I love the linkage in this, the way the links intertwine. It just looks so classy. Now as you can see, I am one of those old fashioned people who needs the numbers or the little lines on the face to make it easier for me to tell the time. It's not that I can't tell time with the nice blank faced watches they have, but why struggle to figure out if the hand is pointing somewhere between the 7 or 8, when I can look in a glance and have it blatantly pointed out to me!! That's just me. I don't want to stress over what time it is, I just want a watch that looks good, keeps good time and makes me happy. This one would do the trick for me.

So, I guess I better start saving up my money for 3 watches.

Till Next Time,
Take Care,

7 comments:

PinkLady June 4, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

these watches are sooooooo pretty. but i have stopped wearing a watch a long long time ago. maybe that explains why i'm almost always late. lol!

much love!

Duni June 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

The Gucci watch is fab! She'll love it!
I'm like PinkLady - I don't wear a watch. Funnily, I can always tell what time of day it is (roughly) anyway :)

Audrey June 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

What a great watch!! My SIL is always late too - and she has a watch.
Hope it helps your daughter.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me June 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

A happy soon to be birthday to your daughter!! The watches are great!! :)

Dolly's Diary June 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

I love this watch you picked out for your daughter, I think she will love it,
Take Care,
Janet :)

Mara June 6, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

The watch is pretty! Very girly for my taste though since it's Pink but it's really pretty. I think your daughter would love it. I am a watch person, I never and I mean NEVER leave the house without my watch on.

My birthday is also coming up and I've started making my traditional birthday wish list album and about 4 items were watches. LOL. :)

KAT June 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Thanks for everyone's comments!! Yup, I think the watch will be a hit!! I will let you know if she loves it, and if it helps her with time...
(somehow I doubt it like Audrey said, the watch might not help?) :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP