Thursday, June 18, 2009

Do You have Mulch in Your Garden?

Today was such a beautiful day, that when I got home from work, I decided to do a little gardening. I did some weeding, and realized that I needed something for the ground cover in my garden.

Now, I am not sure whether I want to go with a mulch or a gravel look? I like both looks and have seen different gardens done in both, so I decided to do a little research into both options.

The mulch is a nice way to cover the ground and prevent weeds from coming back in multitudes, like they usually do, and I have found a nice Cypress Mulch that is rot-resistant and it would look lovely in my garden. It is very fine and a beautiful golden color and I like that idea. Then there is the Pine Bark which comes in different size chips, and I have seen this a lot. It is also good for maintaining nutrients in the soil of the garden and is easy to work with.

But....I like the look of a gravel or rock lining also, and there is the River Rock which comes in various sizes and looks natural, or I like the White Marble chips that would kind of make my garden look really regal.

So, I guess I better think on it, and start planning soon, I am late as it is, getting my garden started!!

Till Next Time,
Take care,

4 comments:

Duni June 19, 2009 at 3:55 AM  

We have mulch in our garden. I'm not too knowledgeable about gardening, though...I prefer growing things in pots :)

Buy Candles June 19, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

i have much gardening. i have a garden at my home,i enjoy very in gardening.

Jeffrey June 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Hi there,

You really do not want to use cypress mulch. The reason is that the mulch comes from endangered cypress forests that are being clear cut just to be made into mulch. If you like the color/texture of the cypress mulch, try eucalyptus. It is plantation grown. More mulch alternatives at http://saveourcypress.org/consumer-education/sustainable-alternatives-to-cypress-mulch.html

Thanks,
Jeffrey - happy gardening!

KAT June 22, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Jeffrey,

Thank you for giving me a heads up on the cypress mulch!! I didn't know that?? I will definitely consider eucalyptus as a substitute now.

Thank you!!
Kat

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP