Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Does this confuse you too?

I usually take lunch at work around the same time every day, and I usually eat lunch with the same woman who goes at the same time as me. We have had the same lunch time for 2 years now.

Sometimes it fluctuates, but not by much...and we usually go together. Now, she brings her lunch, and I am not that coordinated in the morning to be making a lunch and figuring things out like that, so I always go out and get something for lunch (I know, it's more expensive, but that's just me).

Okay, so here is what happened today.........
I said I was going to the Deli to get a sandwich, and I'd be right back, and she says "Okay, I'll wait for you".

When I come back into the office, she is by the breakroom door talking to another woman, and turns to me and says "I waited for you!" all excited and happyish.....and then says, "I already ate".

duh image

?????
So I say to her, "if you ate, you didn't wait for me" and she says, "yes I did, I waited" and I just shook my head in disbelief, and said "waited for what?" and she said "I waited for you, but I already ate cuz I was hungry"
??????? DUH ???????

Is it me??? Am I just not getting what she said? I don't get it??

And she seemed offended that I didn't understand?
Needless to say, I ate lunch alone (not a problem) and just kept wondering what the heck she was so happy about waiting for??

Till Next Time,

5 comments:

jenn June 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

I don't get it either...she waited to tell you she waited, but ate already? Yeah, okay.

Sandee June 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Okay, I don't get it either. She wouldn't have eaten if you was going to wait for you. I'm just as confused. I hope this doesn't cause a problem between you two.

Have a terrific day Kat. :)

Duni June 10, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Maybe she's just happy about the effort of waiting for you (even though she finished her lunch already) ???

PinkLady June 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

lol.. sometimes we all can't be on the same wavelength. she had a different meaning for "waiting." i would have interpreted it the same way that you did. :D

Dolly's Diary June 10, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Hi Kat,
I agree with all the other comments, that would have confused me?? Some days it is hard to understand people!!!
Take Care,
Janet :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP