Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lobster Price Rip Off!

lobster image photo picture

My daughter asked me to pick her up a lobster because she had driven by a sign at the seafood place that said they were $5.99/lb, and she thought "what a great deal on lobster!" and because she was on the way to the groomers with her dog, she didn't stop.

So she called me to ask if I would run down and pick her up a 2 pound lobster and keep it until she got home. Now, I don't like seafood, (I know, how can I live on the Cape and not like it, right?) but for her I agreed to go down.

First of all, it smelled all fishy in the there (well, it was a fish market) and I didn't like that right off the bat, but when I asked about the lobsters for $5.99 a pound, the lady behind the counter told me that only applies to the jumbo lobsters.

Ok, so I am not the brightest when it comes to lobsters or seafood of any kind, so I asked for a 2 pound lobster, and she just stared at me!! I repeated my order, and she repeated "it is for the jumbo lobsters"!! And I had to admit I had no idea what she meant by that, and she pointed in the water filled case and said "these are the jumbo lobsters and they are starting at 9 pounds."

So then I think I figured it out....I had to buy a lobster of at least 9 pounds to get the $5.99 rate, which would come to around $54.00!!!! WHAT?!?!

I asked how much for a 2 pound lobster and she said "if I can find one, it will be $10.99 a pound, making a little lobster over $22.00! Highway robbery!!! Needless to say I didn't buy one. I called my daughter and told her about the switch in price and she said "the sign doesn't say that, but nevermind, I just thought if it was cheap enough I would treat myself."

Isn't that like false advertising or something?? To say $5.99 a pound but have it only apply to the jumbo lobsters that are no smaller than 9 pounds??

Hmmmmm, I wonder??

Till Next Time,
Take Care,

3 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife June 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Ouch, talk about a difference in price!

jenn June 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

If the sign didn't differentiate, you should have gotten it for $5.99. It is false advertising, and it's against the law. I would go back and talk to the manager.

ChinkyGirLMeL June 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Yikes! That sign was very misleading! tsk tsk....

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP