Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Daughter's Dog Ran Away!

This is Grant, I think I mentioned him in a previous post. Cutie, huh?
Grant Black Cocker Spaniel image photo picture
Anyway, yesterday, he got out of his collar on his runner and was running down the street when we saw him!
Luckily, we ran after him, and called him and he came back. But now, we have to look at other options for keeping him in the yard? He has gotten off the runner before, I think he has learned how to wriggle out of his collar, and then, poof! He is gone.

So we have started to look at a petsafe wireless fence. I think he needs something like this to contain him in the yard. The good thing about the one we found at Dog-Power.com is that there are no annoying wires to bury, or stakes to put into the ground at all. There is a transmitter that you plug into a regular outlet and you set the circular area your pet can be in up to 180 feet. If you need more areas covered, you can purchase additional transmitters, say to cover the front and back yards. Then your pet wears a special PIF-275 Instant Fence Receiver Collar that transmits a warning sound if your pet approaches the boundary you have set, and if he/she continues, the collar will produce a slight stimulation to remind your pet to stay in the designated area. There are 5 levels of correction, and you can always set it to "tone only".

The great thing about this system is that it is completely portable! You can take it on vacation, or to you mother-in-law's house, and keep your pet safely with you wherever you go!

A big note...this is not for dogs under 8 pounds. This can only be used for dogs over 8 pounds, so luckily Grant meets those requirements, and we can try the wireless fence for him. It is extremely affordable, and much more cost effective than purchasing a complete fence for the front yard!

3 comments:

Sandee June 2, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Keeping our babies safe is so very important. I'm glad this turned out well.

Have a great day Kat. :)

Anonymous,  June 3, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

An Invisible Fence is a good idea if you want to keep your dog safe.
I love my wireless dog fence because I never have to worry about fixing broken wires. A Wireless Pet Fence is a good option for pet containment.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me June 3, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

I am so glad that you were able to get him... My parents dog got loose in their 22 acres of woods a few summers ago.. I was balling, I tell you.. balling.. I was so so upset. Then, he came back, like 20 minutes later.. What can I say. I was emotional. It was that time of the month.

lol.. really it was. LOL

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP