Friday, June 12, 2009

Ughhh, The Dentist!

dentist image
I had to go to the Dentist yesterday, because a filling fell out, and my tooth was very sharp and had a hole in it.

Now, this might sound like something normal for most of you.... but for me I haven't been to the Dentist in quite a while!! I am chicken! There, I said it!

But I went to this new guy that Maryann at work had recommended, and you know what?? It wasn't that bad!! I really liked him. He made me feel comfortable, and he joked with me (a huge plus!) and I already have an appointment to go back for a cleaning and x-rays and to see what else I need done. And I am okay with that now.

I think the whole thing is to find someone you are comfortable with, and confront your fears, and then maybe you will start going to the Dentist again? I just feel bad now, because I have neglected my teeth for so long, that I feel that I have a lot of work to get done, but Oh well, it's my own fault!

Oh, and to top it off, when I got home from work, my daughter shows me that she fell at work on her breaktime, and has scraped her knee, hands and elbow really bad, but what bothered me was that her hand was severly swollen and looked like a bone was misplaced under her skin. She couldn't move her wrist or hand, so I told her she had to go to the Emergency Room.

So, she did, and I had my Grandson to watch, which is always a treat for me! And it turns out she just sprained it really badly and they put her in some sort of brace. So I hope she is feeling better today!!

Till Next Time,
Take Care,

2 comments:

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me June 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

I hope your daughter is feeling better!!

I don't like going to the dentist either, but unlike you, I have not found a dentist that I like, LOL! Glad you did!

bingkee June 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Growing up so poor, both my parents had to work and leave us kids to my grandma. And you know, also a grandma who was used to living in "poor ways" was not able to train us to acquire good dental habits. So I grew up having bad teeth. At age 11, I had to have 8 fillings in one time. As an adult, I found out I had periodontitis. My periodontist asked me why I neglected taking care of my teeth. It was poor dental habits while growing up so poor. I remember the first time I brushed my teeth was around in 4th to 5th grade. Just two years ago, we spent $12,000 total for all the procedures for my dental surgery, removal of the pus,installing the implants, and replacing my 5 front teeth with crowns. Implants and periodontic treatment are not covered by any insurance.
Great to hear that you have this taken care of before it's too late.

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP