Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back from Vacation!


Okay, so the angle is all wrong on this picture, but I will explain....

piles of workI am back from vacation, and this is what I came back to at work! An overload of work just waiting for me on my chair, stacked so high it reached above the arms of my chair. I know the pic doesn't really show it, but really, come on.....
Was there no where else to put it but on my chair, so I couldn't even sit when I saw how much work there was?
messy deskAnd this is what my desk looked like when I first walked in, lots of stuff left here too! But not as bad as the chair!
bin overloaded with mailAnd finally, my bins....
The top one is the pits, where all incoming mail and paperwork goes. As you can see by the work overload, no one did a damn thing to help me while I was on vacation!! It was all nicely left for me.
The bottom bin is for the batches, and this one is the one I didn't get to before I left, and here it still sits, more than a week later.
I have worked through other people's vacations, and we all pitched in to help so that there wasn't a huge pile waiting for the person when they got back.
And as I said, this is my first vacation in 6 years, and all I can say is "WTF?"

But you will all be happy to hear that I just smiled and said "It's okay, I will get to it when I get to it", when my supervisor walked with me in the morning to my desk. She said everyone was saying I would have a fit and freak out, and she thought it was funny!
Me, not so much.
But it had to make me think why I help everyone else, if the same doesn't apply across the board? But oh well, I guess I will be extra super busy at work for a while trying to catch up!

Wish me luck!
Till Next Time,
Take care,
Kat

7 comments:

Babs-beetle July 14, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

I hope you had a lovely holiday!

I don't actually see the funny side of this. I think it is disgusting! I don't know where you work but surely there should be a rule that people's work gets done by others while they are on holiday. In all the places I have worked, the manager delegates so that you come back to a reasonably empty desk!

Poor you!

Sandee July 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

If no one is going to help with your workload while you are on vacation then I certainly wouldn't help anyone else when they are gone. Fair is fair.

I'm glad you had a nice vacation though. About time if it has been six years.

Have a terrific day. :)

tstreasures July 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Wow that is seriously messed up. I can't believe there was no one who could have at least attempted to help get some of that work done rather than leaving it for you to come back to. Good attitude though, finish it when you can.

jenn July 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Look on the bright side..you won't be bored at work for a while.

BeadedTail July 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Hope you had a great vacation! You certainly have a wonderful attitude towards all that work piled up on your desk. I telecommute so don't get the paper piles on my desk but my boss loves to load me up on e-mails which makes me always dread coming back to work.

Dolly's Diary July 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Hi Kat,
OMG WTF is wrong with people, that is what gets me so mad about being
unemployed I know so many people go
to work and forget is it a team
effort but only pass the buck because they are lazy. I am like you I will work hard and sometimes do a little extra but I don't know if I would have been as calm as you except in front of the boss. Anyway good attitude, and hang
in there,
Take Care
Janet :)

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me July 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Kat, You have such a great attitude, I would have been pissed! LOL! Good for you!
:)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP