Now I know that humor is particular, and not everyone has the same sense of humor, so please keep in mind that this is just my own version of the top 10, okay?
I just love to laugh, and these movies have definitely made me laugh over the years!!
So here goes:
1. There's Something About Mary (1998) This is still one of my favorite movies of all time, comedy or other, Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz made this movie, and my sides actually hurt from watching it the first time. I had to watch it over and over to get all the jokes and things I missed from laughing so hard the first time.
2. Young Frankenstein (1974) This movie was way ahead of it's time! The double meaning jokes, the one-liners....remember "Abby Normal" ? LOL
3. Good Luck Chuck (2007) The scene with the jumper cables actually makes me laugh out loud, and I have to keep rewinding it!! Funny!
4. Big (1988) This was and is a very funny movie, but it is also a little sad too. To yearn for what you can't have, and then to get it and not be happy.....but the trip there was funny to watch.
5. Wedding Crashers (2005) This movie made me laugh so hard, especially the stalker bridesmaid...LOL
6. A Christmas Story (1983) A classic that I have to watch every year, and every year I still laugh, even though I know all the punchlines.
7. The Wedding Singer (1998) Adam Sandler in what I think was his finest!! To watch him lose it at a wedding was hysterical.
8. Groundhog Day (1993) Typical Bill Murray, I also like Scrooged too!
9. Private Benjamin (1980) This movie had so many classically funny lines in it, it still makes me laugh today.
10. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) This was when Jim Carey first came into the limelight for me, and he was just so funny and amazing!
Okay, so I know I probably missed some.....it's hard to just get them off the top of your head. If I remember any others, I'll add them... I hope you enjoyed these!
And if you want to let me know of any you think should be here, please do, and let me know why you thought it was worthy of the top 10 list (in case I haven't seen it) and I can do a follow up list.
Till Next Time,