Friday, August 21, 2009

I Just Love Dollhouses!

dollhouse image I have loved dollhouses since I was a little girl. I used to have a dollhouse, but it was nothing fancy, it was just a basic dollhouse. And I never had enough furniture to put in it so it wasn't all that much fun to play with. I think if I could have used my creative juices and redecorated all the rooms (which I wasn't allowed to do) and had my pick of dollhouse accessories, I would have had an awesome dollhouse and would have played with it for hours on end.

I love going to Minna's Doll World, where she has loads of information and pictures of all sorts of doll houses and miniatures. I follow her site because I think deep down, I still yearn for that old dollhouse and wish I could have done more with it? Minna shows us all how much fun it is to to be collector and build and decorate doll houses.

I have another friend Pam who lives in South Carolina, and I remember she was making a doll house from scratch. And she kept me up to date with all the goings on and the remodeling and the decorating. She also works in polymer clay and made some amazing dishes and accessories with the clay for her doll house. She was another one that made me long for my old doll house.

minature dollhouse bathroom set imageI think that if I could do it all again, I would definitely have one of the best doll houses ever!! I love this little bathroom set that is made of porcelain in the delts pattern, and the commode even has an oak lid that lifts up! How cute is this? It comes with a bathtub, a cute pedestal sink, a toilet and a mirror. This little set would go into my bathroom for sure! There are also great looking cabinets and nightstands that would go lovely next to the four poster bed that I would just have to have!! And the kitchen would be equipped with only the finest appliances and the cutest little dishes.

Just thinking about all the fun I could have decorating a doll house now has me wanting to do it. There are just so many things available now, that I didn't have when I was a little girl. There is even customized wallpaper made to fit into the rooms! How easy is that? I really want to do this, but now I just have to find the time!

Till Next Time,
Take Care,
Kat

4 comments:

Laane August 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

I'm making a dollhouse with my girls.
We first collected furniture and such, and now we're making it....slowly....

KAT August 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Laane,
Good for you!! Is it as fun as I think it would be?? :)

A Lil Enchanted August 22, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

I've always wanted to build and decorate a dollhouse too Kat. Maybe when Steffie gets a lil older we can do one together. Maybe by then I will be able to afford it! lol

I absolutely love victorian houses... so building a beautiful pink victorian dollhouse might be the next best thing to living in one :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Fluffy Bricks August 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

If you want some dollhouse miniature eye candy with a difference, check out my blog. :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP