Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Loved The Time Traveler's Wife!

The Time Travelers Wife Movie Poster image photo picture
My friend Dottie and I went to see this last night on opening night, and boy, are we glad we did!

It was such a good movie! I have to admit it was a little confusing in some parts, but mostly it was wonderful. The theater was packed, very few seats left unoccupied, and there were lots of guys in there with their girlfriends too!! It was not a typical chick flick in that they guys would groan, or squirm, it actually has a story, and to follow that story you need to pay attention. And we all did....

It is about a man (Eric Bana)who travels through time, most of the time unexpectedly, and keeps going back to the major places in his life. Where he will appear next is anyone's guess, and in what year? Also, when he travels, he sheds his clothes, and when he appears in the next area (wherever or whenever that might be) he is completely naked!! So we got to see a lot of naked Eric Bana, and his backside. :)

So he meets Claire, played by Rachael McAdams (and played very well I might add) when she is a little girl of 6 years old, and tells her that he comes from the future and that he knows her when she grows up to be a lady. Obviously she doesn't believe him, until he disappears right before her eyes. And when he disappears, he sort of disintegrates, or starts to fade away, like celluloid evaporating, and then poof! He is gone, and his clothes drop to the floor. See the picture below of him starting to disappear and travel. You can click on the pic to make it bigger.

The Time Travelers Wife image photo pictureThen the movie has an older Claire looking for him in the places he usually returns to, and she starts to leave him clothes in those areas too, so that he has something to put on when he shows up. The bad thing is, he never knows when he will show up in a certain time or year. He also pops in and out being older and younger at different intervals, and Claire is confused because she has only seen him older (about 40 she said) and so when he comes to her as a younger man, she is thrilled and even more in love with him than she was before.

They get married, but it is a hard life for Claire, always waiting for him to show up once he has traveled. I kind of wish there was a way that he could have controlled it to some degree, because I felt bad for Claire, and I felt confused sometimes myself. There is some comedy in here, but not a lot, mostly it is a romantic drama.

I would highly recommend this movie, and although I haven't read the book, I have heard that the book is even better? Me and Dottie can't figure out how they would clear up the confusion with the book....if you can't see it. We saw it and we didn't get the parts of the same person in the same place at the same time with themselves?? Sounds confusing, right? Well try seeing it and figuring it out?

But even with the confusion, we both thought this was an excellent movie!! I will admit, I cried. Not big slobbering sobs, but the tears rolled down my cheeks. And I saw Dottie wipe her eyes on a few occasions too. But the girl next to me with her boyfriend didn't seem to cry?? Maybe because she was with her boyfriend?? Or maybe because she was a lot younger than us?? But, we both said we will buy it on DVD when it comes out, so we can see it again!!


I hope you liked the review....if you go to see it, let me know what you thought??

Take care,
Kat

9 comments:

jenn August 15, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I want to read the book, not see the movie, even though I love Rachael McAdams.

I"m glad you enjoyed it, and I loved your review!

MissBeckala August 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Great review!! I read the book when it first came out years ago and LOVED it. I can't wait to see the film!

MissBeckala August 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Great review!! I read the book when it first came out years ago and LOVED it. I can't wait to see the film!

Duni August 16, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

I read the book - I must see this film, when it comes out over here!

Anna August 16, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

It was an excellent book and I don't remember it being overly confusing. I can't wait to see what they did with the movie, though I must admit that movies never really live up to my imagination!

Grampy August 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

The movie is be advertised on TV My wife and I will most likely go see it.

Laane August 16, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Sounds I need to go and see this one.

Thanks for entering my summer give-away.:)
I wished you'd win, but alas.

Hugs

stigma no more August 17, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Hi Kat,
That sounds great. I look forward to seeing it and alot of him as well LOL! Thanks for sharing this with us. I will be posting your award this week, thanks again :)
Janet

Teena in Toronto August 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

I couldn't get through the book but part of the movie was filmed on my street ... so I wanna see it!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP