Saturday, August 29, 2009

Look! An I Love Lucy Award

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I received this funny award from Jackie aka:Shinade over at The Painted Veil, and I can't thank her enough. She is a dear friend and one I just know I would laugh with constantly, just like Lucy and Ethel. She has the most amazing eye and takes gorgeous photos, and if you have never been to her blog, I highly recommend that you head over there now, because you simply don't know what you are missing!!

This award was originally created by Ann at A Nice Place in the Sun, and you can click on the I Love Lucy image above to get the code. Here is what Ann had to say about the award ~

I originally created the You Cheer Me Up Award in January of 2008, because I wanted to pass out an award that made people laugh, and I couldn't think of a better image than the one on the front of a I Love Lucy magnet I had on my refrigerator door. I knew the image of the scene from I love Lucy would be perfect, and I envisioned people laughing at their desks and at home at this talented comedian, who has been out of our lives for too long.
For one thing, the award fits the blogosphere nicely, because like Lucy, many bloggers are in a class by themselves. There are plenty of bloggers in the blogosphere, and more starting blogs each day, who cheer their readers up with their unique voices and original writing styles that I would love to see receive this award and others.
Hence, I salute them for continuing to spread the cheer ~ They're the coolest people in the blogosphere.

Now, I agree with everything that Ann had to say and there are so many blogs that cheer me up on a daily basis!! I know this award has been around the block, and if you have already received this, Congrats, and just know that "You Cheer Me Up" and I wanted you to know it!! I also wish them all the belly splitting laughs that Lucy brings on.........

Sandee (I know you already received it, but you are my #1 source of smiles!), Bing, Janet, LaShan, Speedy, Stacie, Wanda, Jenn, Babs, Brandy, Storm, Barb, PJ, Dorothy, Theresa, Staci, Tekla, Angel, and Claire.

WHEW! Okay, so here are some of my most favorite blogs in the whole world, and I want you to know that I really love coming to your blog and reading, thinking and smiling. You make my visits worthwhile and I thank you! I may not be the best commenter (is that even a word?) but know that I love your blog!

Till Next Time,
Take Care,
Kat


16 comments:

Sandee August 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Thanks so much Kat for always thinking of me. You are just the nicest person in the blogosphere. You truly are.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

PJ August 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

thank you kat for this fun award! lucy is the best!

have a wonderful weekend!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife August 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Thanks for the award Kat! I just love Lucy! :)

jenn August 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Thanks Kat! I don't think I posted the last award you gave me yet...you spoil me!

Liz August 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

I also got this award from Jackie, :) Btw, I have posted the French award at A Simple Life. Thanks again and Congrats on your I Love Lucy award!

Babs-beetle August 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Thank you so much for this great award. You cheered me up with your lovely comment, and this award.

I just adored 'I Love Lucy' and never missed an episode. Yes, I'm that old :) I wished they would air the whole series again. I'm sure it would be a great hit all over again.

RennyBA's Terella August 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Congrats - you really deserved that award!

I got it from Jackie too - an honour to have the same one as you :-)

cafe au lait August 29, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Thanks for including me! I posted it on my blog. :p

A Lil Enchanted August 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Congratulations Kat! And thank you so much for passing it on... your blog is one of may faves :)


A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Dorothy L August 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Luv you back Kat.
Thank you so very much once again for choosing my blog and me for this award.

BIG HUGGZZZ~
~D~

"Annie" August 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Congratulations Kat, You did an excellent job on your awards post. Thank you for honoring my words, (it was practically a book) and passing along such clear instructions.

I received your lovely award as well from La Shan and Sandee. And I hope I do as fine of a job passing along the J'Adore, as you did with your post on the You Cheer Me Up Award.

Don't you love watching "our babies" travel around the blogosphere? It's very nice to meet you, and congrats again~

Annie

Theresa August 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

Just got back in, it was a long drive from San Francisco to Las Vegas so seeing your comment on my blog was great. Thanks for this and I'll let you know when I post it.

PinkLady August 31, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

KAT what a beautiful award! thanks so much for this. i will post this right away. =)

stigma no more August 31, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Hi Kat,
I love this award, Me and my mom use to watch lucy together in the Nursing home and it always brought a smile and a laugh to her. So this is even more special to me. Thank you for always including me, you will never know how much I appreciate your friendship and my gratitude that we have ctrossed paths.
Love ya
Janet :)

Staci at Just Bloggled August 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Thanks, Kat, for the award. I'm glad my blog cheers you up. I hope I can continue to live up to the award, and I'm glad I have found your blog as well.

Stacie August 31, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Thank you Kat for thinking of me. Congrats to you and to everyone else!

I will have a link back to you on my award page.

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP