Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Do you have Five Dollars to help?

pink zircon ring image

I was over at Melissa's Homeschool blog yesterday, and I read something wonderful!
She is one of the awesome people who actually does something to help feed the hungry.
And she is holding an excellent contest! If you donate just $5.00 to help feed the hungry for Thanksgiving, she will enter your name in the contest for a chance to win a stunning Pink Zircon ring that I have shown above.

How many times do we enter contests hoping to win, and never give a thought to those more unfortunate than ourselves? By entering THIS contest, and by donating just $5.00 you will feel good whether you win the ring or not!! I do, and I did!! I donated yesterday after reading her write up, and I don't care if I win the ring or not, I feel good knowing that someone that is hungry will have food this Thanksgiving, thanks to Michelle and myself.

I was in this terrible position a few years ago when I was unemployed and unable to pay my bills and/or put food on the table. I had to swallow my pride and go to the food pantries to ask for help. Let me tell you, it is a lousy feeling. I can't imagine doing it for longer than I had to. But I remember feeling guilty more than anything.....
You feel like you are worthless, and shouldn't be getting a hand out, but on the other side of that coin, you can't find work, and the money isn't there. What do you do?? You have to reach out and hope that there is help out there. I remember that Thanksgiving, my holiday dinner consisted of a tuna fish sandwich. Lousy, I know, but at least it was something. You hear everyone talk about their plans and what they ate, and you just keep your mouth shut because you don't want to say that you had tuna fish. But that was all I had, and at least I ate. So many people don't. That is why I am behind this 1000%. Now you know why.

Michelle is hoping to raise $100.00 to help feed the hungry, can we help her out?
Please head on over to her blog by clicking HERE, read what she wrote on the left hand side of her blog, and donate to this wonderful cause. The requirement is that you have to live in US, Canada, Philippines, Britain, or Australia.

Let her know that Kat sent you, so she knows how close we blogging families are!!
I thank you, and Melissa thanks you, and the hungry people you will feed will be thankful too!

4 comments:

Melissa September 2, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Thank you for the wonderful post, on my promotion. I am honored.

Shinade aka Jackie September 3, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Wonderful write up Kat! I will head over and ad my $5.00.

We like everyone else are hurting too. Not as bad as what you have just gone through.

But, Walter's pay and miles have been cut drastically. Our income is going to about half this year compared to last year.

Every month has been one of drawing from savings to pay bills and not putting any in.

With him being 63 and me 52 and disabled this very scary as our savings for retirement are vanishing.

But, I do believe what goes around comes around.

So the more you give the more you will receive.
I hope you have a great day!
Jackie

KAT September 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAT September 3, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Thank you Jackie, even when we don't have much, it is a lot better than nothing.

And somehow $5.00 isn't such a big amount to us, but when we all pitch in together, it adds up to a lot of help and a lot of food.

It just feels good! :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP