Friday, September 4, 2009

My Back Is Still Hurting!

fallen skiier image photo picture
Okay, so my back is still hurting, but I have to keep on going! There is so much to do, and time is slipping away.The pain is really bad and reminds me of the time I went on a skiing trip with my school.

We went as a group and I had never skied before, so I was nervous, but a couple of us went to the "bunny slope" because we were newbies, and attempted, mind you I said attempted to ski down this big hill! (Now my perception of this hill is from a never before been skiing person, and it looked huge and long and deadly!) Well, my first time to attempt to go down (when I could stand up on the damn skis without falling over, was a disaster! We were told that we should take the lessons, and we didn't. Most of the slopes offer this for new skiers. So, I only went a few yards and then I fell, and when I fell, on the way down, I must have twisted, because the medics said I pulled all the muscles in my back, and that I should have relaxed when I fell and it wouldn't have been so bad!

Yeah right!

Easy for them to say...I was so rigid it wasn't even funny! A board would have looked more pliable than I was going down that hill!

Anyway, we should have taken advantage of the ski training that was offered by the nice people at the lodge, but being teenagers, we were embarrassed and thought we could figure it out.

Again with the Yeah right!

Next time I go skiing, I will gladly have a nice gentleman show me the proper way to stand and ski. And then maybe I won't get injured on the first day of the trip!! I had to stay in the lodge by myself while everyone else was out having fun, and put cold and hot compresses on my back, and rest and take it easy. I would highly recommend that anyone going skiing for the first time, go to a ski camp, and/or take lessons!!

So this pain in my back has brought back the memory of the pain from the ski trip, I'm not sure I really wanted to remember it, or the pain in the back!!

Till Next Time,

7 comments:

Sandee September 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Sorry you are still hurting. I was hoping that you would be feeling better by now.

I've never tried to ski and you've pretty well explained why. I think I would even do worse than you did.

Have a terrific day and weekend Kat. Big hug. :)

Anonymous,  September 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

My ski instuctor told me to take up bowling. I went down the hill anyway. Kept making new trails for some reason... no stearing I guess

A Lil Enchanted September 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

I hope you feel better soon Kat :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

SANDY September 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Sorry to hear about the back pain. I visit the chiropracter on a pretty regular basis and get a good massage whenever I can. It helps. Stretching helps too.

Hope you enjoyed Marietta, maybe the next time you're in Ohio you can come north a bit.

Skiing...been quite a few years since I've been. At my age, it really hurts when you fall and breaks don't heal nearly as fast as a teenager. But, I do remember my first time skiing. At wasn't pleasant; but then again we skiied many times after that. Must break out some of my old pics.

Take Care,
Sandy

KAT September 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Thank you all!! I am going to still work thru the pain..... LOL what a trooper, huh? :)

Bambi September 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Hope you feel better. I can't believe you are in so much pain. What is it with you and vacation???

KAT September 6, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Bambi,

Me and vacation obviously don't get along.... :)

But the back thing is a long suffering injury, added to the recent use of muscles that I haven't used in Lord knows how long, and hauling furniture that I shouldn't have!!

:(

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP