Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mia Michaels is Leaving SYTYCD

Mia Michaels Choreographer image photo pictureI just heard that Mia Michaels, the Emmy winning choreographer is leaving the hit show, So You Think You Can Dance?

I liked her on the show, and I loved the routines that she choreographed with the dancers. She wrote on Twitter that she "had five wonderful years to create moments and movement for the world to share with me."

Awww, I will miss her on the show, her input, her laugh, her intensity, and most of all her choreography. She stayed to help select the top 20 for this season, and now she will be gone.

Adam Shankman another great in the choreography world, will become a regular judge, but I am not sure if he will choreograph any of the routines?

Nigel Lithgoe said that she is welcome to return this season or next, or anytime, and praised her contributions to the show.

She won an Emmy award in 2007 for a routine that she choreographed for SYTYCD, I think I remember it being the routine with Travis and Holly and the bench, and the Sunflower?? Is that the one?

Anyway, Till next time,

5 comments:

BeadedTail October 18, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I hadn't heard that Mia is leaving the show. Hopefully she comes back from time to time to choreograph some routines as no one is quite like her!

KAT October 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

I agree with you on that!! Her pieces were some of the most moving performances those dancers will ever do.

And I have to admit, the feelings she can get them to portray and exude in their dancing, had me crying more than once!! :(

chubskulit October 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

Oh no, it would be different if she really leave, she's been a big part of the show.

Thanks a lot Kat for the vote and for further help in twitter...

Anna October 19, 2009 at 1:28 AM  

Yup, that was the routine. This last year she was nominated for the routine Katee and Twitch did to "Mercy". (The one with the door). I LOVE this show and I'm sorry that Mia's leaving, but I have a feeling that she's inspired a lot of new choreographers to come and join SYTYCD.

Anna October 19, 2009 at 1:41 AM  

Oh and one more thing...if she doesn't get nominated for the "Addiction" routine (Kayla & Kupono), the Emmy people are crazy!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP