Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My License Ordeal

registry of motor vehicles imageToday I had to go and get my driver's license renewed, because it was going to expire, and what an ordeal that turned out to be!!

I got to the registry about 8:30 am and got my number B233, and took a seat in the already crowded license renewal area. The first number they called after I had sat down was B205...........
Boy, was I in trouble!!

I should have known that there would be a lot of people there after a holiday weekend, but I can't help it if my birthday always falls around Columbus Day??
So anyway, I had to wait, and wait, and then wait some more, and the people around me were getting mighty restless, and around 10:30, one large man said "Geeesh!! I got here at 9:45 and I still haven't been called!!" to which I replied, "I got here at 8:30 and I'm still sitting here!!!"
LOL, he immediately pulled out his phone to call someone to complain to, and tell them about how long he is going to have to wait! And the guy next to me called his neighbor to have them let the dog out at 1:00, because based on the way we were all still sitting there, he figured he wouldn't be home in time to let the dog out.

I think the main reason was, with the cutbacks and all, this is one of a few registries still open in our area, and they only had two women working the 4 person license desks. And to top it off, after every kid finished his or her learner's permit test, they were brought to the front of the line to get their permit, and every kid who passed the driver's test, the same thing!! So, there were a lot of teens getting their licenses and permits, and a lot of us grown ups just getting angrier and angrier!!

The waiting area was packed, and the lines were out the door!!!
It was insane!

Finally, after 11:00 am, they finally called my number.
Then she told me that I had an unpaid excise tax bill from this year, and had to go get that paid and cleared up before she give me my license!!

So, long story short, I had to go to an ATM, pull out money (get charged a $2 fee because it wasn't my bank) and then pay the bill, then go back to get my license. On the way back to the registry to get my license, I got a cup of tea at Dunkin Donuts, and after I left with my temporary license, as I pulled out of the registry parking lot, the tea spilled all in my lap because the lid wasn't on tight!!! SOB!!!

Now, my legs are red and sore, but not badly burned, and my pants and car seat were soaking wet, and I had to go to work!!!

Luckily we leave a pair of black pants at work in case of emergency, and this was an emergency, so I wore those for the rest of the day. I didn't get to work until after noontime, for something that should have been quick and easy. Now I lose 4 hours and my legs are burned, and I am out money I didn't expect to be out of....and the rest of the day sucked too!!!

I'll let you know about the chiropractor visit I had after work today, in tomorrow's post....

Hopefully, tomorrow is going to be better!
Wish me luck!!!

12 comments:

Mike Golch October 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

on or before January 22,2010 I have to renew my drivers license as well.I pray that I can get through that ordeal with out havine a seizure.If that happens good by drivers license.

PinkLady October 13, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

KAT, i know why you have to renew your license. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! i have a birthday post and awards for you dear friend... please check out my latest article in OF LIVING AND LOVING... AND COPING.

despite my long absence, i hope you don't forget that i am your friend and will always be here for you. i may be lousy at replying to emails but i appreciate hearing from you. sorry i have been very, very busy lately.

i love you girl! you deserve to be happy so make the most of your special day. i know that the friendship we found will last a lifetime despite the fact that we are 5,000 miles apart.

I wish you long-lasting happiness, peace of mind and abundance... your heart of gold is the source of your blessings. keep smiling!

lots and lots of blessings to you,

Bing ;)

jenn October 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

I hate days like that, where everything that can go wrong, does.

PJ October 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

oh kat, what a rotten day! sending you big cyber ((((((((((hugz)))))))) and a happy birthday!

Sandee October 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

What a awful day indeed. I hope today is a much better day. That's my wish for you...to have a terrific day. :)

A Lil Enchanted October 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

OMG.... that's insane! I'm so sorry you had a crappy day :(. Thank goodness we can renew ours online now... and for 10 years at a time! Maybe they will offer that option for you next time yours is up for renewal.

I left you a few awards over on my blog... hopefully that will help make your day a lil better :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

A Lil Enchanted October 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Oops!... I almost forgot... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!!!

No wonder we think so much alike... I'm a Scorp with a Libra rising... so I have many Libra traits...lol

And both my daughters are Libra as well :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Ann October 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Sorry you had such a lousy day. at least it's over with. That is crazy to wait that long, I thougth it was bad here (usually about an hour) That doesn't seem right that they took the kids who passed their tests right to the front of the line. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Theresa October 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Well here is hoping that all that could suck sucked on that day so the rest of the week is better for you Kat. Oh and Happy Birthday :)

Beadsme October 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Oh dear, I think you should have stayed in bed. Hope the rest of the day was better.

Grace October 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your dreadful day - you wrote it funny so I'm not being insensitive....

KAT October 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Thank you to you all!! My day sucked, but comments like this make it soooo much better!!!

And thank you for the birthday wishes.

And Grace, it's okay, because it is kind of funny now....and I don't mind being laughed at.... I will laugh right along with you. I am not the sensitive type who would get all offended anyway!! I'm glad you liked the story...
Now you should read my chiropractor one......now there is something to laugh at!!! :)

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP