Thursday, October 15, 2009

Okay, the Chiropractor Visits

chiropractor adjustment imageOkay, so this is what I look like when I am getting adjusted at the Chiropractor's Office, but wait, I am getting ahead of myself....

I thought that with everything going on with me and my health, and the fact that I still don't have a definite answer as to what is wrong with me, or if it will happen again, I was doing some research on Web MD, and found a very interesting article that said that if you have been to numerous doctors and had all the necessary tests, and you still don't have a diagnosis, that perhaps chiropractic treatments can help you...... huh?

Really?? So, I called my health insurance, to see if I was covered, and they said I was covered for 12 visits per calendar year, so I booked an appointment with a local chiropractor. Now, I haven't been to a Chiropractor since the 80's after a car accident left me with a bad back, so when he first adjusted me by pushing on my back.....I could loudly hear the vertebrae all popping into place, and it sounded like dominoes!! LOL
Ughhhh.....it kinda took the wind out of me, but he said that was good that they all adjusted "so nicely" and then he did my hips and neck. I am a mess people!!! I knew I would be, but this is just too funny!!

So anyway, when I went on Tuesday, I had a whole new routine.....
First I went for massage therapy, which should be nice, but isn't because I am so tight and knotted in my back, that it is sore. But the whole purpose of her massaging me, is to loosen up my back, for easier adjustment.
Next, I was told I was going for traction...... WHAT???
It wasn't anything like I thought....LOL
I was thinking being attached by the arms and legs and being stretched....seriously, that is what I thought.....
But what it was, was that I laid down on a table that has a cutout in the middle where your back is, and then they turn on a machine, and a roller type thing moves up and down your back, sometimes soft, sometimes harder, and that is also meant to loosen up your back.

Anyway, when I was done with those 2 things, the doctor took me into the adjustment room, and I laid face down on the table, as above, and he proceeded to pop my back into place again.
And my hips, and my neck.....

So I went again today, and got all massaged and tractioned and then adjusted, I am just a walking sore mess. They told me that is because they are doing a lot of work on my back, and my muscles are not used to it. Well, I believe them, because I am one sore puppy!!

Next week I go back again on Tuesday and Thursday, let's hope I am not so sore next week!!

Till next time,

6 comments:

Ann October 16, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

That doesn't sound so bad except for the being sore part. I've often wondered if a chiropractor could do anything for me but then I already know that what I need to do is exercise ughhh :)

PJ October 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

ouch! i have been thinking about going to a chiropractor also. the last time i went though he found that i had a bad disk in my neck and ended up having to have surgery to replace that disc. um, maybe i won't go...hehehe.

have a great day my friend...hugz!

Grace October 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

If it helps, then it's worth it, no?

RennyBA's Terella October 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I know its a lot of debate about chiropractors in Norway too, but if it works for you, why not. Wish you the best and a nice treatment next time too!

Btw: I'm sorry I have not been around that much lately, but have been working hard to find a way so that we could meet. Now It's official and I've planned hard for it: Oslo Blog Gathering 2010 - I do hope you can come and also encourage your other blog friends to participate!

Theresa October 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Last time I went to a chiropractor was when I was about 12. I could use that right now. Kat just think how good you will feel after all the soreness is gone!

chubskulit October 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Hope you are not sore anymore... Have a great weekend!

By the way, I am trying to generate some support for our daughter. I entered her into a Smile Contest, so if you could please vote for her (just once), the contest runs until October 31st. Your vote would be so much appreciated.

To cast your vote, please go to this link. Please look for Jillian Rylie Cottrill.

Thank you very much for your help!

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP