Friday, December 18, 2009

Looking for Answers..

Christmas Present image
Okay, here is the question....


What is your favorite Christmas present that you received....

And what made it so special??

Mine was a "Beautiful Chrissy" doll that I had been absolutely dying for after seeing it advertised on tv for so many weeks leading up to christmas. She was a beautiful doll, with an orange dress, and red hair that was in a pony tail on the top of her head, and that hair "grew" into long hair when you pressed a button on her stomach.
How I loved that doll, and only later when I was older, did my Mom tell me the entire story behind it and how hard it was to get, and that she had bought a returned one that had hair that was mangled and tangled, and didn't go in and out....
She explained to me how she worked tirelessly with 1/4 strands combing the tatters out of that "long" hair so that it would look beautiful for me on Christmas morning! Then my Dad had to fix the "growing" mechanism, because that was broken too (probably why it was returned, along with the fact that someone mauled the hair! LOL) and he got that to work for me too.

When I received that present on Christmas morning, I remember I cried and cried, I was so happy, and I remember my Mom crying too, and only when I was older did I realize why she was crying.....it made me appreciate my "Beautiful Chrissy" doll that much more, and my wonderful mother, for doing everything in her power to make my Christmas wish come true!!!

Ok, now it's your turn to let me know that one special thing that you received.

Take care,
Kat

5 comments:

Sandee December 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

What a beautiful present. That made me smile.

I can't remember things that were a great present. It's more the people for me. Like when my parents were still with us. So, I guess the very last Christmas my mother cooked her usual big dinner. She had a terminal illness that eventually took her from us. We were all together that one last Christmas. That was my greatest gift.

Have a terrific day. :)

KAT December 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Sandee,

And what a beautiful gift it was! That memory will be with you forever and you treasure it, I can tell.

Thank you for sharing that, it made me remember the times with my mom too!!

Happy Holidays!!

Ann December 20, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

What a great story. I can see why that was your favorite gift.
Mine wasn't the gift but the wrapping that made it so memorable.
One year my dad who was a carpenter, took all my gift after they were wrapped and put them together to form a little house. He even had a chimney on the roof. My parents were divorced and my dad always found a way to make things extra special.

KAT December 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Ann,

I love this memory! How special that must have been for you, and your Dad. And how thoughtful of him to take the extra time to create such a wonderful display for you to find.

I bet you can't remember what was was in any of the presents that made up that "special house" but you are blessed to remember the house...

It truly is the small things that we remember most, and with the most fondness and love, for it is not the price of Christmas, but the memories that are everlasting!

This touched my heart Ann, and I am glad that you can hold onto this memory forever!! :)

sharon April 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.

Sharon

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/267557_protect-your-hair-from-hair-fal

ls

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP