Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I have to appologize!

sorry bear imageFirst of all, let me start by saying that I am sorry that I have not been posting much lately....

I am so frustrated with my computer and my internet connection, nothing has gone right since around September of last year...I think it was???

So, I got this brand new computer the end of October and nothing has worked right since. I am really tired of losing stories and posts, because this thing keeps crashing. It has sort of taken the wind out of my sails....

As most of you know, this is so not like me?
I used to post every single day, sometimes more than once a day, and I loved it!
I actually looked forward to posting and telling my stories or giving my two cents worth.....
But it seems like now, when I have something that I want to share, and I go to put down on here, I lose it and have to re-type it again and again, and finally, I just give up and say the hell with it!

I am practically on a first name basis with the Verizon techs, and that in itself is frustrating. So, last night after another frustrating phone call to the computer people, they tell me that they are "not" sending me a new internet card, also known as a network adapter card, that I have to take it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy where I bought it and they will fix it, because it is under warranty!! Now why the heck didn't they tell me that 3 months ago, instead of all this passing the buck, it's not us, call your internet provider....ohhhh it's not us, call your computer company.....nope, not us, call your internet provider and have them check the lines, ok, we checked.....not us, call your computer company.....and so on, and so on......

So, to get back to the story....I take this thing into Best Buy after work, they run a diagnostics test on it....and tell me that I have lousy antivirus software, and that the software detected 333 virus' 2 weeks after I bought it, but only removed 2....so....that is probably why my internet connection fails all the time?? What>>??? Are you serious???

He says the card is good, and he is on the internet now with no problem....so it is the virus' in the computer....and it will $189.00 for them to remove them, and oh yeah, I'll have to leave my computer there and they will get to it when they can.
Yeah right.........
But the good news is.....that $189 is a special they are running, it's usually $250.00!! Still not an option for me. He says the only thing I can do is wipe the hard drive and start from scratch.

Okay, how many times have I done this already?? Geeeeez Louise!!! So I tell him I will take my sorry ass computer home and do that, and install Kapersky anti virus.
Right now I am scanning with Avast to see if they can detect the other 331 virus' that are supposedly still on this machine. I asked him if I could just install the Kapersky and have that locate and remove the virus'...and he cocked his head at me and gave me a smirk and said "that would be like getting a flu shot after you got the flu.....it won't help"
Do you even know how badly I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face?? Arrrghhhh!

So, here I sit, waiting for my scan to go through, and hoping I can do that before having to wipe everything out......

Again, I am sorry, and I hate the fact that this has robbed me of my inspiration to write or do much of anything on here. The magazine has suffered because I cannot maintain it like I should. But then again, there weren't really many articles coming in around the holidays, so it didn't matter. I just feel deflated.........

And I don't like it..........

I'm going to post now, before my connection goes off......

Thank you for sticking with me, and hopefully I will be back full time soon!!

Love you and miss you!
Kat

9 comments:

Sandee February 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

I'm sorry you are having such troubles with your computer. I just had a go with a really nasty virus that I had to take to my computer guy. The first thing he did after removing the virus was to delete my Norton 360 and load AVG Free Anti Virus and he ran a full scan. Then he loaded Lavasoft Free Ad-Aware and found three pages of adware and malware, not to mention a ton of cookies. My computer works like a dream now. No more freezing up, running slow or taking ages and ages to boot or shut down. He said to never buy virus programs because they are what keeps him in business.

Hope you get this resolved soon. :)

Mike Golch February 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

I might add this,create a restore disc.that way you can clear out your computer reseting it to factory settings.My computer came with restore discs.so from time to time I have to wipe out the system by using the restore discs.I not have the lavasoft program and a anti-malware program as well.The malware program can found at malwarebytes.org.they have a FREE version as well as one you buy.the free one works just fine especially if you have the lavasoft program as well. Just a thought.

jenn February 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

I don't know anything about computers, but I will be here when you get back to posting.

Anonymous,  February 4, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

I seen this post link on my facebook and left a comment there, but I wanted to come here and let ya know that I am sending you zen and peace, lol. I know you could use it right now because I DO know how this feels, lol. Be patient and hang in there! By the way, I second Ad-Aware and AVG free version! They work really well for my household.- Laura Leigh

One Creative Queen February 4, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

You poor baby! I'm so sorry you're going through all this - if there is anything I can do, please let me know. How obnoxious!

I hope it works...my fingers are crossed for you! xx

yeokeehui@gmail.com February 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

That's frustrating, having something to say but nowhere to pour...

Ann February 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Sorry you're going through such a hassle. This stuff is supposed to make our life easier not give us more stress. Hope you get everything squared away soon.

One Creative Queen February 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

Hi sweetie - me again. I know this is the last thing you need, but I wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my site. It's the "Beautiful Blogger Award" - and I think you definitely deserve it. You are a truly beautiful person. I hate you're having all these issues, and please don't feel responsible for posting the award. I know you're having issues and the last thing you need is something like that.

I just wanted you to know I think you're beautiful - in a lot of ways. Thank you for being a friend. xx

KAT February 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Thanks to all your well wishes....
I'm still having problems....
and now the big snow is coming...
Geeesh!
Can I catch a break???
:(

About This Blog

Click here to get 1,000 free visitors to your site.

The Angels Weekly

Free Traffic Is GOOD! And it's Easy!! Click Here!

Free advertising

Labels


SEO Stuff

Powered by  MyPagerank.NetYahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP